Observera

Du läser en tråd som är taggad med Labmaster. Detta är en föråldrad och felkonstruerad apparat som inte ger ren sprit. Om du planerar ett nybygge se till att inte bygga en labmaster. Läs mer i dessa trådar Destillationsteori och teknik och Kolonnbrännartyper

Question about homebrewing law from Greece

Enkla spörsmål om juridiska småsaker.
panb

Question about homebrewing law from Greece

Inlägg av panb »

Hello there,

I have just registered in your forum in order to ask about homebrewing laws in Sweden.

I live in Greece, and on behalf of a new born Greek homebrewing association, I would like to gather information about Swedish laws concerning brewing, consuming and possible selling of homebrewed beer.

Unfortunately in Greece at the moment there is no law about the matter and it seems more likely to put it in the "illegal" side rather the the legal. The association's effort is to push in the right spots in order to put homebrewing in the Greek law map. Having other European examples and walkthroughs might be of extreme help for us to force Greek authorities to have a serious thought on it.

I really appreciate your replies, helping us with our effort.
Replying in English is not mandatory but highly appreciated, as well...

Tack!
grapetonix
Bryggare

Re: Question about homebrewing law from Greece

Inlägg av grapetonix »

This is pretty much how it looks:

Production:

Brewing beer (or any other alcoholic beverage) is legal in Sweden as long as it is happens in the home and the resulting beverage is intended for personal use or a small group of friends.
Distilling, however, is illegal (also for personal use) and might result in harsh penalties. Even owning parts of a distilling machine is illegal! The only exception to the law is, of course, if you have obtained a commercial alcohol production license from the local government (i.e. you are serious about starting a distillery).

Selling:

Selling alcoholic beverages with an ABV > 3.5% is illegal, unless one of those two is the case:
- you run a venue with an alcoholic beverage license and registrered and approved bartenders; in this case - the beverage cannot be sold in closed containers and must be consumed on the premises. Indeed you must also pay alcohol tax;
- you sell them through the government alcohol monopoly, Systembolaget.

Moreover, selling alcoholic beverages with an ABV >2.25% but <=3.5% is illegal unless:
-you have obtained a selling license from the local government where you agree not to sell to under-18 or strongly inebriated persons.

Alcoholic beverages with an ABV <=2.25% are legally counted as beverages without alcohol and may be sold to anyone without licensing.
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Lag och rätt"