Observera

Du läser en tråd som är taggad med Labmaster. Detta är en föråldrad och felkonstruerad apparat som inte ger ren sprit. Om du planerar ett nybygge se till att inte bygga en labmaster. Läs mer i dessa trådar Destillationsteori och teknik och Kolonnbrännartyper

WATER DISTILLER ECOWATER BRAND

Allt om vattendestillatorn.
niestgregPL
Färsk jäst

Inlägg av niestgregPL »

Hi there. Im from polandand i just realise that you as a swedish know a lot about water distillers. i just bougth this:
http://www.h2olabs.co.uk/store/p-1-stai ... 00sse.aspx

and i dont know how to get the best out of this think. hope there is some one who can help me with this i mean tell me how many times to distillete,, for how long,, and how to get best out of this mashine.. in poland is not very popular and not many ppl using it so that is why i end up on ur forum. hope there is ppl that can give me just a litle bit of advice how to use it to get best % out of this THX :D
Bryggmästare

Inlägg av 12345 »

out of 4L "mäsk" you will get out like 1,4L not cleaned spirits will take like 2 hours do it 6 times and you will have like 8,5L uncleaned with 45-60%

maybe its not the best way to do but its cinda fast if you compare with plastic shit

sorry for my english i havent got anny lessons xd
niestgregPL
Färsk jäst

Inlägg av niestgregPL »

so from 1.5 liter of mask i will get 1.5 l not clean spirit.. how many times than i have to destilate it again to get drink able spirit??? thank you
Bryggmästare

Inlägg av 12345 »

the spirits wont get anny cleaner if you destill more then 1 time with a water destiller it will only get stronger to make it drink able you need to clean it with activated "kol" (dont know the name of it)
Användarvisningsbild
Naghelfar
Bryggare

Inlägg av Naghelfar »

1.5 liter mask Fysören! :shock:
Bryggmästare

Inlägg av 12345 »

Naghelfar skrev:1.5 liter mask Fysören! :shock:
haha men hur säger man mäsk på engelska?
Användarvisningsbild
bubbelmasater
Bryggare

Inlägg av bubbelmasater »

Tror det är Mash. men är inte säker
hobby bubblare
Användarvisningsbild
stillton
Brygguru
Utrustning: välutrustad...

Inlägg av stillton »

you can compare a water distiller with a "pot-still". if you load your pot still with 4L mash (15%) you can expect about 2L of 30%. or 1.5L 45% or 1L 60%.
This is not exactly what will happen, but we can keep it simple for now.

in the same way as a pot still you will first get "heads", that got mostly etanol, water, and other components with lower boiling point then ethanol.
then you will get "body" that got ethanol, water and some fractions of both heads and tails.
in the end of the run you will get "tails". mostly ethanol, water and components with a boiling point between ethanol and water.

you want to keep the "body" and cut away heads and tails.
this will mean you have to take away about 25% heads and 25% tails.

normally this is done by first running the mash through the potstill without cuts. then dilute the low wines to about 30% ABV.
run it through the still again and making the cuts by smelling, tasting and/or measure the ABV of the product that leaves the still.

This method requires a clean fermentation to begin with, and aerating the product, and/or storing on cask. This method is mostly used by hobbyists when making whisky, or similar products.

using a very small boiler also makes this alot more work, since you have to repeat all the steps more times.

so.. my recommendation will have to be: either make very small whisky batches (just for the fun of doing it), or run your mash through it and use a lot of activated carbon filtering to make a descent "vodka".

Its very simple to build a large pot-still. especially if you use a plastic fermenter, or other PP plastic as a pot. and its cheeper then a water distiller. I personally do not understand why people still use water distillers..
']['roll€
Turbojäsare

advanced

Inlägg av ']['roll€ »

25 of mash u get about 8 litro....Try.... Everybody is so damn sheeep.Pay and try.... What clould goes wrong???????
Take an trip to goa??? aaaaaaaa, now wi talkingk. Spell that...
']['roll€
Turbojäsare

Billigt

Inlägg av ']['roll€ »

Men shit 9 000:-..... 2 veckor o så ska man hitta tebax te flygplatsen själv. Fy ´shit, inte lätt.
niestgregPL
Färsk jäst

Inlägg av niestgregPL »

hi there again. can anyone tell me than how does activated carbon filtering look like.. any pictures or how is it done. i found carbon on ebay but not sure how to use it??? thx
Användarvisningsbild
stillton
Brygguru
Utrustning: välutrustad...

Inlägg av stillton »

niestgregPL skrev:hi there again. can anyone tell me than how does activated carbon filtering look like.. any pictures or how is it done. i found carbon on ebay but not sure how to use it??? thx
make sure its carbon made for cleaning spirits and not aquariums or drinking water, that will not work well.
there are some pictures in this pdf https://bryggforum.nu/download/upload/uplo ... vt_kol.pdf

basically a 1 meter long 40mm PP pipe, with a pice of cloth in the bottom, and a funnel on top. start by pouring 2 liter of hot water through the carbon. when the water starts to sink down (carbon still wet) fill the funnel with 45% ethanol. when it stops dripping, put more water in the funnel, to push out the remaining spirits.
There are lots of other ways of doing it, but this is a simple method that will get you started.
Användarvisningsbild
attackbever
Föredetta moderator

Inlägg av attackbever »

http://homedistiller.org/activated_book1.pdf

This is the url for the e-book in english

I have no idea how to get the right type of active carbon in poland, u usaly dont run your alcohol/bimber through active cabon i guess?
niestgregPL
Färsk jäst

Inlägg av niestgregPL »

well i giv a go and see what happend THANX ALL 4 INFO!!
Användarvisningsbild
attackbever
Föredetta moderator

Inlägg av attackbever »

Simple Low Cost Stills
The Spiral Still

Here u have som good ebooks to (read the spiral still & Simple Low-cost Stills). If you have a friend in sweden ask hin to buy active cabon and send it to you. u find it in bigger food shops.
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Vattendestillator"